Our customers include research departments of well-known corporations and university institutes as well as mid-sized and small companies. A selection is listed below.
Projects using Datinf® software
Early skin cancer detection
Automatic image analysis can effectively support early skin cancer detection. We have been active in this field for several years and took part in realizing the most successful projects world-wide. moleexpert.com
Gotthard tunnel: Measurement of air pockets in concrete
In cooperation with AFTTG AG (ARGE Fahrbahn Transtec Gotthard), the company executing the construction, a procedure to optically measure air pockets while paving the roadway was developed. During the construction phase, the measuring system will be used routinely for quality assurance.
Glulam quality assurance
Image analysis software to measure wood quality.
Publication: Künniger T. A semi-automatic method to determine the wood failure percentage on shear test specimens, Holz Roh Werkst (2008) 66: 229–232
3D image processing opens up prospects inaccessible to 2D image processing. We are able to offer cost-effective solutions especially for research projects.
Nuclear Permeability Assay - Biology research
Image analysis software for Nuclear Permeability Assay, a technique analyzing changes in nuclear envelope permeability, was developed in cooperation with the team of Prof. Ferrando May (University of Konstanz, Department of Molecular Toxicology).
Publication: Grote, P. and Ferrando-May, E. In vitro assay for the quantitation of apoptosis-induced alterations of nuclear envelope permeability. Nature Protocols 2006;1(6):3034-40
Measurements in medical images
- MUC4 mucin-induced epithelial to mesenchymal transition: a novel mechanism for metastasis of human ovarian cancer cells (Ponnusamy MP et al. Oncogene. 2010 October 21; 29(42): 5741–5754)
- In vitro model for the analysis of synovial fibroblast-mediated degradation of intact cartilage. (Arthritis Res Ther. 2009; 11(1): R25.)
- Prolonged Tpeak to Tend Interval on the Resting Electrocardiogram Is Associated with Increased Risk of Sudden Cardiac Death (Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2011;CIRCEP.110.960658 published online before print May 18 2011)
- Description of the iliolumbar ligament for computer-assisted reconstruction (Annals of Anatomy. 192(3), 20 May 2010, 162-167)
- Temozolomide Preferentially Depletes Cancer Stem Cells in Glioblastoma (Cancer Res 2008;68:5706-5715)
- Novel Insights Into the Sacroiliac Joint Ligaments (Steinke H et al. Spine 35(3) 257-263)
Applications in other research fields
- Experimentelle Untersuchungen zur Feuchtgetreidekonservierung im Folienschlauch (Disseration: M. Matthiesen, Bonn)
- Estimating the mass of mango fruit (Mangifera indica, cv. Chok Anan) from its geometric dimensions by optical measurement (Spreer W, Müller J. Comput.Electron.Agric.(2010),doi:10.1016/j.compag.2010.10.007)
- How to assess rangeland condition in semiarid ecosystems? The indicative value of vegetation in the High Atlas Mountains, Morocco (Dissertation: Baumann G. Suhl)
- Determining the specific surface area of ceramic foams: The tetrakaidecahedra model revisited (Inayat A et al. Chemical Engineering Science 66(6) 1179-1188, 2011)
Numerous publications have emerged from our projects over the years.
List of publications